A major improvement in how your healthcare information is handled is coming
to Bozeman Health. As of December 6th, all medical providers within the
Bozeman Health system—including clinics, hospital staff and community
providers—will be upgrading to a new single electronic health record
(EHR), called MyChart. This switch will eliminate the use of multiple
stand-alone software systems (including the NextGen system currently used
by Bozeman Health Medical Clinics) that could not communicate with each
other or with the hospital electronic records system and will therefore
improving timeliness and contribute to the high quality of care you receive
at Bozeman Health.
Access your secure MyChart medical record.
Specifically, what does MyChart means for you, the patient.
Improved Patient Care.
- Every Bozeman Health provider now has access to a single medical care record
for each patient throughout the Bozeman Health network – One Patient,
One Chart, One System.
- This aids in decision making by providers as they now are aware of all
clinical alerts, reminders, and medical information throughout the care
- An EHR also provides automated clinical decision support. For example,
the MyChart EHR keeps a record of a patient's medications and allergies.
Each time a new medication is prescribed, the EHR automatically checks
for contraindications and warns the provider of potential negative interactions.
- Real-time reporting of medical care assists individual clinicians with
improving the care they provide, leading to improved patient outcomes.
- With a single EHR, a provider can give patients a comprehensive diagnosis
more efficiently, based on full and accurate information, which translates
into high-quality care.
Increased Patient Participation.
- Use of EHRs creates an additional avenue for communication between patients
- EHRs help create a more informed and active relationship between patients
and providers via the patient’s MyChart portal. MyChart provides
secure online access to a patient’s personal health information.
- MyChart can allow proxy access to your children’s and/or older parents’
personal health information.
- Patients can request medication refills or send a message to their care
team electronically, through the MyChart portal.
- Using MyChart providers and patients are able to manage appointment schedules
electronically and discuss concerns via email.
- Making communication between patients and their providers simple and easy
may help providers catch dangerous symptoms earlier.
Patient Outcome Improvement.
- Statistics show patients receive better medical care when their providers
have complete and accurate information on which to base their decisions.
- The ability to reference patient health information electronically via
a single EHR can expedite diagnoses and reduce or prevent medical errors,
thus improving patient outcomes.
Improved Care Coordination Across the Care Continuum.
- Use of EHRs decreases the fragmentation and disconnection of facts and
symptoms. EHRs organize the patient information into a concise approach
to patient care, from clinic visit to hospitalization and discharge and
through to receipt of quality follow-up care.
- Immediate access to consultation reports helps prevent the possibility
that a specialist would miss a separate but clinically relevant issue
being treated by another specialist.
- Follow-up appointments can be made before the patient is even discharged
from the hospital.
- If you are admitted to the hospital, your primary care provider is able
to follow your hospital course and prepare for your discharge ahead of time.
- Through Care Everywhere, your records can be easily transferred electronically
to other Epic systems throughout the world.
As you prepare for a visit to your doctor during the first few weeks of
December, please anticipate the potential for a temporary slowdown. We
ask that you be patient with us as our staff adjusts to this exciting