Bozeman Health is a proud member of the communities we serve. We're happy to share some of the initiatives and programs that we currently participate in to help support our community and further our mission of improving community health and quality of life.
Corporate Citizenship Initiatives
- We actively support community health by providing year-round public recreational access on our privately owned land across Highland Boulevard from Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital, locally known as the Highland Glen Nature Preserve.
- As a good neighbor to adjacent landowners, we work hand in hand with local farmers and recreational groups Gallatin Valley Land Trust and Bridger Ski Foundation to manage weeds and herbicides, mow grasses, provide cattle grazing and plowing, and other activities as needed.
- In partnership with Montana State University, we use innovative weed management to carry out our legal requirement to control noxious weeds. A licensed contractor is employed in order to sustain the land's ecological health. This weed management plan was created by MSU Extension with input from a wide variety of stakeholders who enjoy this special area. It is reviewed and updated yearly. Download the current plan.
- Bozeman Health is the largest private employer in Gallatin County, directly supporting more than 2,400 jobs locally.
- Bozeman Health operations invest over $392 million into Montana's economy.
- A cornerstone of a strong local economy, our thriving healthcare system gives existing residents and businesses looking to locate in Southwest Montana confidence that quality, accountable care will be available to their families and employees.
- As a not-for-profit integrated health system, we reinvest any net income into facilities, technology and healthcare services for our communities. We also provide medically necessary healthcare services for all patients, regardless of their financial ability to pay.
Senior leadership team members at Bozeman Health are proud to give back to the community through leadership and volunteerism on local boards and initiatives. We are honored to have leaders and employees serving on these community boards and others:
Bozeman Public Schools
Since 2013, Bozeman Health has sponsored the GoNoodle program for Gallatin Valley teachers and students. An online suite of interactive physical activity breaks, GoNoodle helps teachers engage and motivate students with three to five minutes of moderate to vigorous exercises performed in the classroom. Nearly 200 teachers use GoNoodle to engage more than 5,000 students in healthy activities.
Bridger Ski Foundation
Cross country skiers have access to a wide variety of winter trails conveniently located on private land across from Bozeman Deaconess Hospital. Bridger Ski Foundation grooms the trail for the enjoyment of many. This area has been available for public recreation since 2010. Learn more.
Cancer Support Community
We partner with Cancer Support Community of Montana to offer a variety of support groups for those undergoing treatment or who want to improve their lives post-treatment, those who are caring for cancer patients, or those who have lost a loved one to cancer. Learn more.
Community Health Improvement Plan
In partnership with the Gallatin City-County Health Department and Community Health Partners, we work with other partners from across the region to address strategic healthcare issues including increasing access to care, supporting collaborations between providers and sharing of resources, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
Community Health Partners (CHP)
Our partnership with Community Health Partners (CHP) is decades long in communities across southwest Montana. Together, we provide access to more services closer to home for our patients. Learn more.
Gallatin City-County Health Department
Improving community health is a team effort. We are honored to join our colleagues at the local health department in sponsoring health data surveys that we collaboratively use along with dozens of community partners to build and implement the Community Health Improvement Plan for Gallatin County. Learn more.
Gallatin Valley Land Trust
Gallatin Valley Land Trust is a valuable partner in providing recreational activities and trail maintenance in the outdoor spaces near Bozeman Deaconess Hospital. Learn more.
Montana State University - WWAMI
Providing top quality care by highly trained healthcare staff is a priority at Bozeman Health. To ensure quality health sciences education for future medical providers, we partner with Montana State University to offer clinical opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to receive hands-on experience through internships, clerkships, practicums and professional mentoring. WWAMI is a program of the University of Washington School of Medicine. The participating states of Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho—the first letter of each state—is where WWAMI gets its name. Learn more.