Deaconess Regional Medical Center Receives Organ Donation Awards
Contact: Brianne Rogers
Care teams honored for Organ Donation Process Excellence and Collaborative Family Support
BOZEMAN, MT [May 4, 2023] — On Tuesday, Bozeman Health Deaconess Regional Medical Center
care team members were awarded for care excellence in organ donation from LifeCenter Northwest. Each year, LifeCenter recognizes top-performing hospitals for their continued dedication to supporting donation.
We express our hearty congratulations to our teams in the critical care unit, operating room, emergency department, spiritual health, and throughout the organization who have made this possible.
- Organ Donation Process Excellence Award
- Earned by hospitals with a process error rate of 5% or less.
- Implementing process changes to eliminate all early extubations has a significant
impact on positive donation outcomes. One of the most critical steps in the organ donation process is preserving the donation opportunity by keeping the patient intubated until LifeCenter has completed their evaluation. Realizing and maintaining a low process error rate is incredibly challenging and requires a strong commitment across hospital services and staff.
- Deaconess Regional Medical Center was one of only 26 hospitals to earn this honor across a four-state, 230+ hospital donation service area.
- Collaborative Family Support Award
- Earned by hospitals with a collaborative request rate of 90% or greater.
- Organ donation can’t happen without the collaboration and teamwork between hospital and LifeCenter Northwest staff. One of the most important areas for collaboration is when the time comes to assess family readiness for an introduction of or conversation regarding donation. This award honors hospital partners that excel in the area of planning a collaborative family connection with LifeCenter Northwest.
- Deaconess Regional Medical Center was one of only 39 hospitals to earn this honor across a four-state, 230+ hospital donation service area.
In 2022, LifeCenter transplanted a remarkable 921 life-saving organs from 310 organ donors across their region. This was possible thanks to the hard work and dedication of valued hospital partners like Bozeman Health Deaconess Regional Medical Center and compassionate care team members.