Education and Resources
Planning Your Pregnancy
Setting up Prenatal Care
Visit the Family Birth Center Health Education and events page to review and sign up for the classes we offer, including childbirth and prenatal breastfeeding classes, tours, and other family classes – or call 406-414-5578 for more information.
Choosing a Provider for Your Baby
During your hospital stay your newborn will be looked after by the hospital's pediatrician-on-call. After your discharge from the hospital, you will need to make an appointment with a pediatrician or provider of your choice for follow-up care for your baby. Please try to choose your child's provider prior to your delivery date if you do not plan to continue seeking care through Bozeman Health Family Pediatrics 406-414-4900.
Before a mom-to-be is admitted to the Family Birth Center, she has many decisions to make. We ensure you are aware of your choices, help you with making those decisions, and work hard to fulfill your wishes. We offer tours, educations, breast feeding courses and sibling classes.
Prospective parent tours, visiting our birthing and postpartum rooms with customized beds and other comforts, are offered every month. A childbirth course is taught by experienced nurses, covering prenatal health and the challenges of pregnancy, caring for a newborn, and everything in between.
Prenatal breastfeeding classes taught by certified lactation counselors share tips and techniques for successfully feeding your newborn. A new baby also means life changes for older siblings, so we offer classes for expectant brothers and sisters, which cover what they can expect and how they can help.
Planning for Your Delivery
- Bozeman Health Family Birth Center 406-414-1009
- Bozeman Fire Department Car Seat Evaluation - 406-582-2350
- PDF - Campus Map
- PDF - Family Birth Center Patient Admission Guide
- PDF - Beautiful Labor- Baby Steps
- PDF - Packing for the hospital
Information During Your Stay
- Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital Patient and Visitor Information
- PDF - Nitrous Oxide Information Handout (ENG)
- PDF - Nitrous Oxide Information Handout IN SPANISH
- Montana Newborn Screenings
State of Montana Information Page
Bella Baby Photography
- Hepatitis B
CDC Hepatitis B Information
Nitrous Oxide Video
Pregnancy to Parenthood Guide
The state will not accept any form of paternity acknowledgment or refusal that is signed and dated prior to the date and time of the child's birth. This paperwork is printed along with the birth certificate following delivery. Parent (s) are responsible for completing the un-signed documents, getting them notarized, and mailed in to the state office.
If you are interested in confirming the paternity DNA of your child you can do so by completing the following steps.
- Please call one of the following distribution companies to obtain a Paternity DNA Kit: Rosche 1-800-334-5461 or DNA Diagnostics 1-800-833-2649
- After receiving the kit, a parent needs to call 406-414-1010 to make an appointment with the Bozeman Health Lab located on 19th Avenue. The lab will help collect the DNA and send the kit back to the company. The company will then contact the parent(s) with the results of the test.
Important Contact Information
- Bozeman Health Patient Financial Services - 406-414-1720
- Bozeman Health Financial Counselor - 406-414-1039 or 406-414-1711
- Bozeman Health MASH Advocate - 406-414-5595
- Montana Medicaid - 800-332-2272
- Gallatin Valley Anesthesia - 844-958-2053
- Intercity Radiology - 406-587-8631
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services - 800-762-9891 or 406-444-1216
- Gallatin County Clerk and Recorder 406-582-3050
- Gallatin County U.S. Social Security Administration 877-405-5473
Prior to your admission, a representative from Patient Financial Services may contact you to assist with your insurance benefits and/or payment arrangements.