Mammograms can help reduce breast cancer related deaths by detecting breast cancer early. Current health guidelines recommend that yearly mammography screening begin at age 45, or earlier if there is a history of breast cancer in the family. The Mammogram Project seeks to make lifesaving mammogram screening services available to all. Our goal is to increase access to lifesaving detection procedure available to all, regardless of income or insurance status. You may be eligible for the program even if you have health insurance.
Funding is available for screening mammograms for those without insurance or those who are underinsured. In order to quality, you must meet the following criteria: low income or no health plan coverage or a health plan with a prohibitively high co-pay for a mammogram.
- To be eligible for this program, you must meet income requirements. For 2020, monthly gross (before tax) household income limits are as follows:
- 1 person in Household – up to $4,200 / month
- 2 People in Household - up to $5,700 / month
- 3 People in Household - up to $7,200 / month
- 4 People in Household - up to $8,700 / month
- 5 People in Household - up to $10,200 / month
- 6 people in Household - up to $11,700 / month
- 7 People in Household - up to $13,200 / month
- 8 People in Household - up to $14,700 / month
Order from a Provider
- For your application to be considered, you must upload a copy of your mammogram order or prescription form. If you do not already have this, you can request it from your healthcare provider. If you do not have a primary care provider, all our providers can be found under Find a Provider.
Please complete this application and upload the requested documentation. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
[The Mammogram Project] is great for people who do not have any money and who cannot afford this… I was able to catch breast cancer with the program. Without this program, people would not be able to get this done. --Lynn H.
The Mammogram Project is supported by the Bozeman Health Foundation. Are you interested in making a donation for lifesaving mammograms through our Foundation for the Mammogram Project? Click here for more information or to Donate Now.